The ability to effectively prepare for a project is vital to the success of any business. Project preparation consists of multiple processes that work together and, when performed effectively, enable you to increase your efficiency, achieve greater client satisfaction, enhance team and vendor relationships and protect profitability. This course provides you with the knowledge of skills to perform two of the critical processes in project preparation: estimating costs and creating the schedule to complete the project.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Illustrate how estimating and scheduling work together to effectively set up the project
2. Identify the fundamentals of estimating to identify the costs (not the selling price)
3. Use spreadsheets and packaged estimating systems
4. Identify the fundamentals of scheduling
5. Illustrate the schedule as a key communication tool.
Instructor: Michael Strong
Michael Strong has an MBA from Monterey Institute of International Studies in Monterey, CA and a BA from the University of Texas in Austin. He is active in his state and local builders associations as well as the NAHB.