NAHB Designation Course!
This course builds on the CAPS I & II courses (which are prerequisites for this course) by introducing design solutions techniques, innovative products and best practices for product installation for CAPS professionals to utilize when creating livable homes in which to Age-In-Place. Participants will engage in hands-on activities from real case studies to apply material learned in all CAPS courses.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
1. Create comprehensive designs for aging in place projects
2. Become familiar with available innovative and specialized products
3. Practice design and installation for key components of in AIP home design
4. Implement techniques of budget integration into design and product selection
5. Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
6. Review and apply solutions for common single-room modifications cases
7. Identify common installation considerations for modifications of a specified spaces
8. Prioritize solutions in a whole house multi-generational case study while being compliant with budgetary constraints with consideration given to phased construction application
9. Prioritize individual tasks relative to a project budget and urgency.
Presenter: Tag Gilkeson, NAHB Certified CAPS Instructor
Tag holds an Associates degree in Architecture and a Bachelors in Construction Management. Through extensive experience in real estate and construction industry, he has started a General Contracting company and building spec homes for investors and homeowners to purchase or lease.
Tag continues to give back to the industry by being involved with organizations and engaging in continuing education.