CLASS REGISTRATION LINKS
Training Dates: Tuesday, June 6 (Online) 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Tuesday, June 6 (Online) 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Friday, June 23 (In-Person @ BIA Waipahu) 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Friday, July 7 (Online) 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Friday, July 7 (Online) 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Tuesday, July 25 (In-Person @ BIA Waipahu) 9:00 AM - 11:30AM
GROUP TRAINING AVAILABLE for 15 or more.
Virtual or in-person 2.5-hr training at no cost
Convenient sessions: You choose date and location
- Workplace Safety Elements and Safety Sanitation
- Elements of an Infectious Disease Control Program
- Training Staff and the Role of Management
- Field Audits, Inspections & Improvements
- Employer Responsibilities & Liability
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Raise awareness among workers and employers about workplace safety and injury prevention.
- Provide information to minimize or eliminate potential for injury and risks to worker health and safety.
- Understand and avoid movements that are more likely to lead to acute and chronic injury.
- Identify the potential health risks of the chemicals in household cleaning products.
- Communicate safety strategies to reduce the risk of adverse chemical.
- Common hazards workers may encounter while working on stepladders and explains what employers and workers can do to reduce injuries.
- Identify, evaluate, and control jobsite hazards.
- Understand infectious disease transmission mitigation strategies.
- Employer and Employee Rights & Responsibilities.
Instructor: Charles "Scott" Knowles
- Aviation Management BS
- 1986-2001: Air National Guard
- 1990: Compliance Safety and Health Officer
- 1999: taught Construction Safety Management and Engineering at HCC.
- 2003-2017: Regional Safety Manager.
- 2017 to present: Trainer for BIA grant-funded training.
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii has been awarded a federal Department of Labor grant to provide education and training to address Workplace Safety Hazards & Injury Prevention for Domestic Workers.
This training addresses Workplace Safety Hazards & Injury Prevention for Domestic Workers through safety and injury prevention training available to employees and employers in the Asia-Pacific region, specifically in Hawaii, Guam, and Saipan.
BIA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its programs. To request accommodation contact Lesley at least 10 days prior to desired training at: 808.457.7100 / 888.479.4322 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This material was produced under Susan Harwood Program grant numbers SH-29637-SH6, SH-20998-10-60-F-39, SH-20848SHO, SH-23541-12-60-F-2, and SH-31223-SH7 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Revisions were made to this material under grant number SH-39157-SH2 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor.
This training has been made possible with a
grant from the Department of Labor and
support from the following organizations: