Who We Are
Who We Are
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii (BIA) is The VOICE of the Construction Industry. Together We Ensure Competitiveness and Growth of the Construction Industry in Hawaii.
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii (BIA) is The VOICE of the Construction Industry. The BIA promotes our members through advocacy and education, and provides community outreach programs to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawaii.
BIA operates with the highest standards of integrity, stewardship, accountability, and innovation in all relationships with members, industry and community. BIA fosters a climate which encourages empowerment and diligence amongst members and staff.
BIA provides sales and marketing opportunities for your success.
BIA-Hawaii makes every effort to safeguard the personal information of members and clients.
Are you interested in building or remodeling a home? List your home project with us! We'll blast it out to our contractor members and you'll get bids!
This Contact Form connects potential clients with our builder members.
Rest assured, our members are licensed, bonded and insured. Why? Because here in Hawaii, we believe that the people you work with say a lot about you. We think home buyers should be protected. And we always want to embody three very important values: Integrity, Quality, and Trust.
If you are in need of a contractor or you are thinking about buying or building a home, let our members be your first point of contact.
How it works:
- Interested clients submit their project description and contact information to the Building Industry Association of Hawaii.
- The BIA reviews the request and connects potential clients with the builders who match their needs.
- After the client finds a builder, the BIA and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), provide additional resources for the next steps of your new home.
BIA-Hawaii Members who earn designations from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) care about their professionalism and demonstrate a commitment to continuing education. To earn these designations, members must take NAHB-approved courses from a set curriculum and meet NAHB's requirements.
NAHB offers targeted curriculum, accomplished instructors, and nationally respected professional development opportunities. The following are brief descriptions of designations that our members in Hawaii have earned:
Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS): Teaches technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
Certified Graduate Builder (CGB): Emphasizes business and project management skills.
Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR): Emphasizes business management skills as related to a remodeling operation.
Certified Green Professional (CGP): Teaches techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes without driving up construction cost.
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP): Demonstrates a high level of knowledge, experience and education in the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) industry.
BIA-Hawaii Member Designations 2022
First Last Company Designation Jim Motonaga ADI Design Group Inc email@example.com CGP Lili Shintani Alan Shintani Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Clayton Nishikawa Architectural Designs & Const email@example.com CAPS Ronald Takashima Aulii Construction Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Brett Kappelle Barker Kappelle Construction email@example.com CGP Brian Adachi BKA Builders Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Curt Kiriu CK Independent Living Builders email@example.com CAPS, CGR Greg Thielen Complete Construction Services firstname.lastname@example.org CGP, CGR Dwight Mitsunaga DM Pacific Inc. email@example.com CGP Donna Walker DR Horton - Schuler Homes firstname.lastname@example.org CMP McKibbin Mist DR Horton - Schuler Homes email@example.com CGP Young Dowell DR Horton Schuler Division firstname.lastname@example.org CMP Mary Larsen DR Horton Schuler Division email@example.com CMP Cyndie Smith Gentry Homes Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org CMP, MIRM Bonnie Osaki Graham Builders email@example.com CAPS Evan Fujimoto Graham Builders Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Ryan Graham Graham Builders Inc email@example.com CAPS, CGP Lori Matsushige Homeowners Design Center firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Randall Omoto Homeowners Design Center email@example.com CAPS, CGP Jessica Omoto Homeowners Design Center firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Marshall Hickox Homeworks Construction Inc email@example.com CAPS, CGP NameIvan Whitworth Island Cooling LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Michael Watanabe J W Incorporated Michael@jwinchawaii.com CGP Michael Fairall Mokulua Woodworking email@example.com CGB, CGP, GMB, Master CGP
Code of Ethics
As members in good standing of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii, we agree to uphold the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction backed by integrity and service.
- To build and renovate with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligations on time.
- To comply consistently with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, sub-contractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed and to share knowledge regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply in both spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To protect all parties in our business activities by putting all financial obligations and commitments in writing, expressing the exact agreement of the parties, and to provide such copies of such agreements in a timely manner to all parties involved.
- To provide timely and appropriate response to items covered under warranty.
- To conduct business so as to avoid controversies, and should controversy arise, to seek to resolve such controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decision of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
We pledge our support to our associates, our local and national associations, and related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.