Your company's success is based on managing your finances effectively, This course provides you with the basics of financial planning, budgeting construction business accounting, job cost systems and financing options so you can track and analyze the of goods, overhead and individual job costs as well as communicate about them effectively. Topics include accounting terminology, a chart of accounts, types of records and reports to be maintained and loan products that can provide financing alternatives.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define concepts and terminology basic to construction business accounting.
- Describe the value and use of common financial reports in measuring business performance, job cost accounting and variance analysis.
- Identify the essentials of operating capital funding methods.
- Identify common construction and permanent mortgage products and the relative builder/client positions.
- Recognize the differences between active and passive income endeavors.
- Access templates for a personal budget, a company budget, a chart of accounts, an income statement and balance sheet reports.
Who should take this class?
Everyone who plays a role in the success of a company, in whole or in part, needs to have a good understanding of the process of business accounting and job costing,
This course is designed for: Business Owners, Vendors, Trade Contractors, Trade Professionals, Service Professionals, Project Managers, Office Staff.
This course provides 6 hours of continuing education credits for NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA,CGB,CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP and MIRM