Who We Are
Who We Are
2019 Membership Directory
Click banner below
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii (BIA) is The VOICE of the Construction Industry. Together We Ensure Competitiveness and Growth of the Construction Industry in Hawaii.
The Building Industry Association of Hawaii (BIA) is The VOICE of the Construction Industry. The BIA promotes our members through advocacy and education, and provides community outreach programs to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawaii.
BIA operates with the highest standards of integrity, stewardship, accountability, and innovation in all relationships with members, industry and community. BIA fosters a climate which encourages empowerment and diligence amongst members and staff.
BIA provides sales and marketing opportunities for your success.
BIA-Hawaii makes every effort to safeguard the personal information of members and clients.
Code of Ethics
As members in good standing of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii, we agree to uphold the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction backed by integrity and service.
- To build and renovate with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligations on time.
- To comply consistently with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, sub-contractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed and to share knowledge regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply in both spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To protect all parties in our business activities by putting all financial obligations and commitments in writing, expressing the exact agreement of the parties, and to provide such copies of such agreements in a timely manner to all parties involved.
- To provide timely and appropriate response to items covered under warranty.
- To conduct business so as to avoid controversies, and should controversy arise, to seek to resolve such controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decision of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
We pledge our support to our associates, our local and national associations, and related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.