Who We Are
Who We Are
BIA-Hawaii Members who earn designations from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) care about their professionalism and demonstrate a commitment to continuing education. To earn these designations, members must take NAHB-approved courses from a set curriculum and meet NAHB's requirements.
NAHB offers targeted curriculum, accomplished instructors, and nationally respected professional development opportunities. The following are brief descriptions of designations that our members in Hawaii have earned:
Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS): Teaches technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
Certified Graduate Builder (CGB): Emphasizes business and project management skills.
Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR): Emphasizes business management skills as related to a remodeling operation.
Certified Green Professional (CGP): Teaches techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes without driving up construction cost.
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP): Demonstrates a high level of knowledge, experience and education in the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) industry.
BIA-Hawaii Member Designations
First Last Company Designation Brian Adachi BKA Builders Inc email@example.com CGP Cynthia Arnold n/a firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Benjamin Carino Gammie HomeCare, Inc email@example.com CAPS Harvey Chang Tricon Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Laurent Chouari Archipelago Hawaii Laurent@archipelagohawaii.com CGP Phoebe Chrisman Phoebe Lau Realtor PhoebeChrisman@gmail.com CAPS Young Dowell DR Horton Schuler Division email@example.com CMP Tovah Elniski Design 2B Accessible LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Michael Fairall Mokulua Woodworking email@example.com CGB, CGP, GMB, Master CGP Evan Fujimoto Graham Builders Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Ryan Graham Graham Builders Inc email@example.com CAPS, CGP Norma Hara Norma Hara Design firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Kendra Hatae Queen's Medical Center email@example.com CAPS Marshall Hickox Homeworks Construction Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Ruth Kam Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties email@example.com CAPS Brett Kappelle Barker Kappelle Construction firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Diane Koki Roy S. Koki Gen Contr'g, Inc. email@example.com CAPS Mary Larsen DR Horton Schuler Division firstname.lastname@example.org CMP Donna Lee Pure Essence Hawaii LLC email@example.com CAPS Reiko Lewis Ventus Design firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Lori Matsushige Homeowners Design Center email@example.com CAPS, CGP McKibbin Mist Gentry Homes Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Dwight Mitsunaga DM Pacific Inc. email@example.com CGP Jim Motonaga ADI Design Group Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Janyce Myrland Dream House Drafting, Inc. email@example.com CGP Lester Nakamura Waikiki Realty II firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Karen Nakamura n/a email@example.com CGR Ward Nihiser Aloha Properties Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Clayton Nishikawa Architectural Designs & Const email@example.com CAPS Michael Nishizawa Palm Tree Realty firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Roxanne Okazaki Lifestyle Design email@example.com CAPS Randall Omoto Homeowners Design Center firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Jessica Omoto Homeowners Design Center email@example.com CAPS, CGP Bonnie Osaki Graham Builders firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Catherine Peavy HomeSmart Island Homes email@example.com CAPS, CSP Joan Riggs JDR Designs firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Clifford Rutherford UH Maui College email@example.com CAPS, CGP Avis Sakata n/a firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Nancy Schnur Universal Interiors, LLC email@example.com CAPS Damian Sempio Thrive for Life firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Lili Shintani Alan Shintani Inc email@example.com CAPS, CGP Kimo Smigielski Sandwich Isle Realty firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Justin Smith JT Smith Construction LLC email@example.com CGP Cyndie Smith Gentry Homes Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org CMP, MIRM Neal Tachibana Realty Edge Inc email@example.com CAPS Ronald Takashima Aulii Construction Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Greg Thielen Complete Construction Services email@example.com CGP, CGR Jill Treewater Treewater Design/Jill Treewater LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CAPSDonna Walker D.R. Horton - Schuler Homes, LLC email@example.com CMP Michael Watanabe J W Incorporated Michael@jwinchawaii.com CGPIvan Whitworth Island Cooling LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CGP
Code of Ethics
As members in good standing of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii, we agree to uphold the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction backed by integrity and service.
- To build and renovate with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligations on time.
- To comply consistently with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, sub-contractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed and to share knowledge regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply in both spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To protect all parties in our business activities by putting all financial obligations and commitments in writing, expressing the exact agreement of the parties, and to provide such copies of such agreements in a timely manner to all parties involved.
- To provide timely and appropriate response to items covered under warranty.
- To conduct business so as to avoid controversies, and should controversy arise, to seek to resolve such controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decision of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
We pledge our support to our associates, our local and national associations, and related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.