Who We Are
Who We Are
BIA-Hawaii Members who earn designations from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) care about their professionalism and demonstrate a commitment to continuing education. To earn these designations, members must take NAHB-approved courses from a set curriculum and meet NAHB's requirements.
NAHB offers targeted curriculum, accomplished instructors, and nationally respected professional development opportunities. The following are brief descriptions of designations that our members in Hawaii have earned:
Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS): Teaches technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
Certified Graduate Builder (CGB): Emphasizes business and project management skills.
Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR): Emphasizes business management skills as related to a remodeling operation.
Certified Green Professional (CGP): Teaches techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes without driving up construction cost.
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP): Demonstrates a high level of knowledge, experience and education in the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) industry.
BIA-Hawaii Member Designations
First Last Company Designation Brian Adachi BKA Builders Inc email@example.com CGP Cynthia Arnold n/a firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Benjamin Carino Gammie HomeCare, Inc email@example.com CAPS Harvey Chang Tricon Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Laurent Chouari Archipelago Hawaii Laurent@archipelagohawaii.com CGP Phoebe Chrisman Phoebe Lau Realtor PhoebeChrisman@gmail.com CAPS Young Dowell DR Horton Schuler Division email@example.com CMP Tovah Elniski Design 2B Accessible LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Michael Fairall Mokulua Woodworking email@example.com CGB, CGP, GMB, Master CGP Evan Fujimoto Graham Builders Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Ryan Graham Graham Builders Inc email@example.com CAPS, CGP Norma Hara Norma Hara Design firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Kendra Hatae Queen's Medical Center email@example.com CAPS Marshall Hickox Homeworks Construction Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Ruth Kam Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties email@example.com CAPS Brett Kappelle Barker Kappelle Construction firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Curt Kiriu CK Independent Living Builders email@example.com CAPS Diane Koki Roy S. Koki Gen Contr'g, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Mary Larsen DR Horton Schuler Division email@example.com CMP Donna Lee Pure Essence Hawaii LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Reiko Lewis Ventus Design email@example.com CAPS Lori Matsushige Homeowners Design Center firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP McKibbin Mist Gentry Homes Ltd email@example.com CGP Dwight Mitsunaga DM Pacific Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Jim Motonaga ADI Design Group Inc email@example.com CGP Janyce Myrland Dream House Drafting, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Lester Nakamura Waikiki Realty II email@example.com CAPS Karen Nakamura n/a firstname.lastname@example.org CGR Ward Nihiser Aloha Properties Inc email@example.com CAPS Clayton Nishikawa Architectural Designs & Const firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Michael Nishizawa Palm Tree Realty email@example.com CAPS Roxanne Okazaki Lifestyle Design firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Randall Omoto Homeowners Design Center email@example.com CAPS, CGP Jessica Omoto Homeowners Design Center firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Bonnie Osaki Graham Builders email@example.com CAPS Catherine Peavy HomeSmart Island Homes firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CSP Joan Riggs JDR Designs email@example.com CAPS Clifford Rutherford UH Maui College firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Avis Sakata n/a email@example.com CAPS Nancy Schnur Universal Interiors, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Damian Sempio Thrive for Life email@example.com CAPS Lili Shintani Alan Shintani Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS, CGP Kimo Smigielski Sandwich Isle Realty email@example.com CAPS Justin Smith JT Smith Construction LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CGP Cyndie Smith Gentry Homes Ltd email@example.com CMP, MIRM Neal Tachibana Realty Edge Inc firstname.lastname@example.org CAPS Ronald Takashima Aulii Construction Inc email@example.com CAPS Greg Thielen Complete Construction Services firstname.lastname@example.org CGP, CGR Jill Treewater Treewater Design/Jill Treewater LLC email@example.com CAPSDonna Walker D.R. Horton - Schuler Homes, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org CMP Michael Watanabe J W Incorporated Michael@jwinchawaii.com CGPIvan Whitworth Island Cooling LLC email@example.com CGP
Code of Ethics
As members in good standing of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii, we agree to uphold the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction backed by integrity and service.
- To build and renovate with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligations on time.
- To comply consistently with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, sub-contractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed and to share knowledge regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply in both spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To protect all parties in our business activities by putting all financial obligations and commitments in writing, expressing the exact agreement of the parties, and to provide such copies of such agreements in a timely manner to all parties involved.
- To provide timely and appropriate response to items covered under warranty.
- To conduct business so as to avoid controversies, and should controversy arise, to seek to resolve such controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decision of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
We pledge our support to our associates, our local and national associations, and related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.